Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Paul Vachon, the Noble Clown

A trailblazer in the Quebec circus community, Paul Vachon passed away from cancer of the esophagus in in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, August 27th.

I did not know him personally, though I did have the opportunity to meet him at Remp’Arts, a three day international conference on the art of clown, where I was lucky enough to perform. When I think of Paul Vachon, I immediately think of dwarfs, clowns, cupboards, and a cramped room in Quebec City. It's probably best that you don't ask...

The following is a link to an article (in French) from cyberpresse.ca regarding the career and passing of Paul Vachon. Let's all take a moment to pay tribute to this important figure in Quebecois circus history.


No comments:

Post a Comment