Thursday, November 28, 2013

Soleil and the Macy's Parade

Happy Thanksgiving to my readers in the US today! Word on the street is that Cirque du Soleil has a float in the Macy's parade this year. From the photos I've seen so far, it's an inexplicable mix of pirates and one of the trio trapeze girls from Varekai...



 I've got to say, based on the pictures alone, I'm not really feeling it. Cirque du Soleil and pirates? And is the Varekai lady supposed to be some kind of sea creature? Maybe it's because I know the character is from Varekai, but she doesn't really seem to fit in with everything else, does she?
 
But then, if we look at the design...
Of course, a DREAMSEEKER! Perhaps someone will finally be able to open my jar of rainbows! 

Ugh...

Remember when Soleil used to be really innovative and inspired? I miss that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment