Friday, December 27, 2013

Covering the Circus

I recently saw an old New Yorker cover posted on a website. It was from 1927 and featured an elephant and its trainer. I thought it was cool and wanted to find a copy of it to add to my image collection. Little did I know what it would lead to...

It turns out the New Yorker has had many circus themed covers. I just wanted to share that one elephant picture, but it looks like the circus gods have smiled in your favour, for I am about to share a wonderful wealth of circus cover art.

Enjoy!

 






 

Believe it or not, that isn't even all of them. And while I probably should have had a smaller sampling, there were just too many wonderful covers to choose from! I'd like to throw in one more, even though I don't think the cover actually has anything to do with the circus. I suspect it's more of a reflection of a certain political party, but I'm here to talk circus, not politics. At any rate, look at the funny elephants!


No comments:

Post a Comment