Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Backstage Cakes!

In my quest for more circus themed treats, I stumbled upon this blog entry.

I'm not sure if it's the circus artist in me or the wanna-be pastry chef in me that would have liked to learn a little more about the creative process involved in the design and construction of the cake, but I must say the photos detailing the evolution of the decorations are absolutely wonderful.

For more detailed pictures, check out the Dessert Works blog!

For my money, I think the Charm City Cakes Kooza confection was more impressive overall. But I must say the ladies over at Dessert Works really did a great job with their modeling chocolate replicas of the various artists in the show. My favourites are the the foot jugglers, the black and white hand-balancer, and the antipodists.

Stay tuned for more circus goodies, both baked and performed!

No comments:

Post a Comment