Saturday, March 19, 2011

Circus Takes the Cake!

Without question, circus is my number one passion. But those who know me, and especially those who have been on tour with me, know that cake making comes in at a close second. At my circus I have become the official pastry chef and birthday-cake-maker-extraordinaire. There's nothing I love more than a tall, elaborate cake. Except a delicious, tall, elaborate cake. And that's just the kind I make.

Putting my money where my mouth is.

So imagine my delight when I discovered that Food Network Challenge had a Cirque du Soleil themed episode! So far, I have been unsuccessful in finding the episode online (season 8, episode 10). I have, however, managed to locate a photo of the cake that came in second:

Lauren Bozich and Marianne Carroll of White Flower Cake Shoppe

For this challenge, the cakes were all inspired by the show La Nouba. While the judges may have awarded the above ladies second place, any cake that has freakin' German wheel cake toppers is a win in my book! Not that I'm biased or anything...

Of course once my two passions met, they began to conspire. The search for the Food Network Challenge episode led to the discovery of a Cirque du Soleil episode of Cupcake Wars. Personally, I don't really care for this show as I find the final result tends to leave a lot to be desired...

 Is that seriously the best you could do? Yikes...

And that led to the discovery of an episode of Ace of Cakes where the main cake featured was for Kooza.

Oh, Duff... you wonderful, wonderful man.

Now I'm trapped in a quest to find all the very best circus confections the internet has to offer. And let me tell you, I'm not the only one who likes both circus and cake.

If you'd like to watch the Cupcake Wars episode featuring Cirque du Soleil, go here.

If you'd like to watch the Ace of Cakes episode featuring a cake celebrating Kooza, go here.

And if you find the episode of Food Network Challenge featuring La Nouba, please let me know!

The quest for circus cakes continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment