Wednesday, May 22, 2013

See This?

See this? This is the crazy jenga game from hell that decided what the state of the floor would be and whether or not I could do my job correctly.




Well you know what? I don't have to deal with this garbage ever again! Two particularly awesome chaps from the workshop have devised a new method of floor installation and it kicks considerable amounts of ass. Ever since the new method has been implemented, I have had no problems with the floor whatsoever. I can do my full act every night and actually take pride in my work again.

It is a huge relief knowing that no matter what the next town brings, I can still do my job. True, sometimes the stage ends up being super high because that's the only way to make it level. And yes, they had to add a ramp so that the trio can run on stage to do their act. But in the end everyone wins, especially me, so hooray!

I'd take a picture of the new system, but seeing as it's only visible during build up and tear down and we're all running around like crazy people, I don't think I can get away with taking a break to snap a photo. But trust me, it's awesome. Basically, they make the entire structure that the floor rests on level before putting the floor down whereas with the old system, they would make one section level and then try to make each surrounding section level in relation to whatever it was next to. Not so effective.

Well done, circus! Thanks for hearing me and finding a solution! Now let's go do some wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment