Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Montreal Completement Cirque

Montreal is not only my home, but also a city with a slight addiction to festivals. This summer a new festival has been added to the already overflowing roster and unlike most of the other festivals, I'm really, really excited about this one: Montreal Completement Cirque!

Cirque du Soleil.

Les 7 doigts de la main.

Cirque Eloize.


NoFit State Circus.

Impro Cirque.

Les mains sales.

Les Zyrgomatik.

A4 Circus Ensemble.


Cie EA EO.

The list goes on... and that's just the shows. There are also a number of exhibits from circus inspired jewelery at Montreal's Museum of Fine Arts, to the costumes of Cirque de Soleil at the McCord Museum. Not to mention the Tohu, which, aside from being a major show space, always has some kind of exhibition going on.

Who knew the city could hold so much circus? Often, when I'm on vacation, I don't feel like going to see circus shows. And when I'm in Montreal, I typically feel like I have to, which makes me want to go even less. But with so many shows, its hard to say no.

I begin my foray into this crazy festival tomorrow night with Impro Cirque, followed by tabĂș on Thursday, and iD the following week.

If you have a chance to come to Montreal in the next few days, the festival runs until the 25th. And if you can't make it to Montreal before then, come anyway. This city is always awesome, but there's no denying that it really comes alive in the summer. And like I said, addiction to festivals. You'll find something to bring joy to your soul. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment