Saturday, July 24, 2010

What Goes Up...

...must come down.

After the high of Impro Cirque the low that was tabú is simply staggering. Words fail. The experience actually left me angry. It doesn't bode well when the best part of the show was its integration into the venue...

I feel like I shouldn't even bother to write about it right now because I am in such a miserable mood that I have virtually nothing constructive to say. There were, of course, some strong points. But I'm not feeling nearly generous enough to mention them right now. Ripping a show to shreds is a pointless exercise. Even bad shows can teach an artist a great deal.

What I will say is this: If you are in Montreal for the last days of the festival and can't decide whether you should see the 7 doigts' Cabaret or tabú, don't make the mistake I made or you, like me, will be kicking yourself later.

See the Cabaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment