Thursday, December 16, 2010

Memory Lane

Look out! An Ice Dragon!


Okay, so I'm not actually supposed to be an Ice Dragon, but being an Ice Dragon is way more awesome than what I'm actually supposed to be*.

Of all the costumes I have ever worn, this one is easily my favourite. True, it's made of spandex covered in vinyl, covered in velour, covered in glitter... and it easily weighs 10 lbs... but look at all its majesty!

Really, what I love is how it screams Cirque du Soleil. This was part of my costume for the closing ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Torino. I was still in circus school at the time, so to be wearing a costume like that was pretty damn exciting.

The best part? They let us keep it! I've never worn it for anything else, but I really should. So if your next production calls for an Ice Dragon, give me a shout.




* Well? Aren't you at least going to guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment