Monday, April 4, 2011

An Important, Non-Circus Post

Ladies and gentlemen, this post has nothing to do with the circus, though it certainly is aimed at circus artists. The subject is just so important that I am permitting myself this step away from Kicking Sawdust's usual content.

On May 2nd, Canada will be holding a federal election. For the first time in my life, I will not be home to vote. But am I letting that get in my way? Of course not! And if you're a Canadian currently working or living abroad, then neither should you!

Simply go to the Elections Canada website, heck, I'll make it even easier. Go to this section (for French click here) of the Elections Canada website. From there, you simply need to:
  • download the special application form to vote by mail (click the continue button)
  • print it
  • fill it in and send it to Elections Canada via one of the many methods possible (mail, fax, embassy...)
Applications must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. on April 26, 2011.

Then, Elections Canada will send you a kit to vote by mail. The completed special ballots must be received at Elections Canada by May 2, 2011.

That's it! That's all it takes for your voice to be heard. My friend J is working on a cruise ship and is currently floating out there somewhere in the middle of the ocean. She sent off for her voting kit by fax and you know she's going to vote. I'm having my ballot sent to the hotel I will be staying at while on tour a couple of weeks from now, so you can bet your big floppy clown shoes I'm going to vote.

And if J can vote from the middle of the ocean, and I can be organized enough to have my ballot sent not where I am, but where I will be, then you certainly have no excuse not to vote.

Make your voice heard or lose the right to complain.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment