Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the Streets of Paris

I had a few days to kill in Paris while en route from Hungary to the next city on the tour. Whenever I'm in the French capital, I always try to go to Montmartre. I'm not sure what it is, but I simply love that part of town. I'm not religious, but I have quite the soft spot for the Sacré-Cœur and there are heaps of wonderful little shops to browse.

My mistake on this particular visit was that I chose to go to Montmartre on a bright, sunny, Saturday afternoon. To say that it was crowded would be an understatement. I skipped the Sacré-Cœur all together and decided to up to Place du Tertre. It was even worse. I'm not one for big crowds, let alone crowds of tourists. Scolding myself for my poor judgment, I decided to go somewhere else.

And then I saw him. The man that made the entire trip up to Montmartre worth it.

This man, the most wonderful of buskers!


Not sure what's going on? This dude, decked out in tap shoes and Hawaiian shirt, is juggling while balancing a jug of live goldfish on his head!

  
Live goldfish!

On his head!


He was also charming and funny, but seriously... dude was tapping and juggling with fish on his head. What else could you possibly ask for?

Thanks for not disappointing, Montmartre! And special thanks to you, wonderful goldfish busker!

No comments:

Post a Comment