Monday, April 12, 2010

Bust Out the Magnets and Clear Off the Fridge!

The following drawings were sent to the troupe by Haute Amance Elementary School! Seriously, drawings from kids who've seen the show is one of my favourite things to find in my inbox.


It's me!

This child seem to get a kick out of two things:

1 - My act.

2 - All the elements of nudity in the show, from A's junk (left), B's painted breasts (right), and of course, the poster (middle). Because one set of boobs just wasn't enough.


Me again! This time with the two clowns.



Wow!

This kid drew half the troupe! We've got some German wheel, straps, the magic act, trampoline, clowns, and one of the many moments of painting in the show.

Outstanding!


To the untrained eye (or anyone who hasn't seen the show) this may not look like much. But to those in the know (or those who have seen the show over 100 times), we clearly have the clowns, the papys peintres and the magic act.


I love the many ways I've seen German wheels drawn from memory. I'm impressed that Alexis included the handles!



Throughout these pictures I have had blond hair, brown hair and black hair. Interesting how memory works, no?

It reminds me of the part in The Little Prince where the author explains that in his drawings, he is certain to get more important details wrong.

The most important thing, I suppose, is not the image, but the memory of it and how it made you feel.


For the most part, I get this drawing. It's a drawing of the magic act.

But the bell like thing on the right? Hm... Maybe C's kite? A part of the show I just can't see from the wings?



I like that there's only one colour detail in this drawing.

Very classy and a great way to show the trampoline number!

And of course, some clowns and our resident juggler for good measure.


It's magic! The magic number anyway.

And yes, I do know how its done, but no, I won't share those details with you.


And last but not least, another full out group tableau!

From trampoline to magic, clowns to juggling, what I initially thought was wheel to what may actually be the couscous scene (don't ask)... this kid adored our circus.

It says so on his drawing.




Many thanks to you, Haute Amance Elementary School! Come back any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment