Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crickets

It's a cartoon classic: you make a point that no one gets or tell a joke that falls completely flat and the crickets of failure start singing their tune. This is, of course, a completely manufactured event. So imagine my surprise when after my little moment of clowning in the show, the regular silence before the punch was filled with... the sound of crickets!

We're performing in the middle of a great big park so crickets aren't exactly out of place. But when I heard them chirping and thought about what crickets usually mean after a moment that's supposed to be funny, and found it happening to me in real life, well... it was very hard not to break out laughing myself!

While crickets may normally mean 'fail', this time around they were an epic win!

No comments:

Post a Comment