Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dark Days Ahead

Canada just voted in its 41st federal election. Seeing as I'm in England at the moment, I've been up since the buttcrack of dawn watching the coverage. You'll have to forgive me if this post is scattered. I'm running on no sleep...

I can't say I'm at all pleased with the result, but it's important to find something positive to say. Fortunately, a friend sent me this video highlighting how the (Vancouver) circus community got involved in the election. 


Circus is a beautiful artistic vehicle that can just as easily speak out on social issues as it can entertain. We may not have succeeded in ousting Harper this time, but I can say that this makes me proud of my community.

Meanwhile, here is Harper's victory speech...


That about sums that up... pray for the arts in Canada, folks. The next four years don't look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment