Saturday, July 23, 2011

Festival Must Sees

Unfortunate circumstances meant having to leave Montreal right as the festival got underway. But I'm back and have managed to get a couple of shows in before the festival ends this Sunday. I won't have a chance to write about the shows I've been able to see until Monday, but I do need to at least give you this information before it's too late:

If you can see only one show between now and Sunday, make it Le Chant du Dindon by Compagnie Rasposo. It is the best show I've seen in years, has left me completely inspired, and like the first time I saw Loft by les 7 doigts de la main, Le Chant du Dindon has completely changed my ideas of what circus can be.

If you can see two shows, go see Slips Inside by OKIDOK. Their last show is tonight, so see that first, and Rasposo tomorrow. If you like clown, and even if you don't, these are the guys to see. They execute their work beautifully, have incredible timing, clever material, wonderful presence, know how to work in the unpredictability of an audience and are, quite frankly, hilarious.

Le Chant du Dindon runs tonight and tomorrow (July 23 and 24) at 8pm under their big top, in front of the Tohu.

Slips Inside has its last show tonight (July 23rd) at 8:30pm on the Tohu main stage.

Get going before they're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment