Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Next Chapter

When I look back at the last five years, I barely recognize myself. I spent the better part of my twenties with this company, and as I prepare to leave them I'm staring down thirty. I've had an extremely difficult journey with them. I've experienced loss, humiliation, and heartache the likes of which I never could have imagined.

But during that time, I also traveled to 22 countries. I fell in love for the first time. I became the first Canadian to compete at the German Wheel World Championships and I obtained my coaching certification from the IRV. I'm also very proud to say that I received more good press than anyone else in the troupe.


Good and bad, it's almost over. I can't stop imagining a giant book about to slam shut. The good news is, a new book is on the way. I've just signed on to a tour in Switzerland that will last the better part of 2013. I can tell you that as someone who does a discipline that can be a pretty hard sell, this comes as a huge sigh of relief.

I can only hope better things lie ahead. Based on feedback from friends who have worked for this company before, I have nothing to worry about. And based on what I've heard about the show concept, it looks like my days of overly intellectual, image heavy, takes-itself-a-bit-too-seriously French contemporary circus are about to come to an end.

And I, for one, couldn't be happier about that.

Look out, Switzerland, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment