Saturday, April 25, 2009

Worlds Update

Last weekend I set my piece for Worlds. Well, more or less. When I tried to run it today I pretty much had to reestablish every single transition. But the good news is, if last week my routine was set, now its super set!

I was expecting it to be really difficult to run a three minute long straight line sequence, but it was way easier than running my number. Yes, I messed up quite a lot, but that's normal for a first run through. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though. My act in the show is twice as long as the routine for Worlds, so of course my show number is much more challenging.

What I love about having a full out straight line routine is that all my big tricks are in it! It makes me feel like one helluva bad ass. I don't know if I'll be up to par with the athletes who genuinely train for Worlds, but I think I'll be representing Canada and the circus world well.

No comments:

Post a Comment