Saturday, April 4, 2009

Owie

Here's a fun story:

Its the end of a long, long day, at the end of a long, long week and despite ever fiber of my being saying "no!" I someone how manage to bust out some trampoline.

Good for me!

Not only that, now its the week end!

Better for me!

All that's left to do is fold up the trampoline and push the wall structure out of the way. No problemo!

So we brave acrobats begin to push the structure to the back of the stage when suddenly, I am quite literally struck by something. An element of the decor, a large painting in a large, heavy wooden frame (we're talking 2m x 3m) falls off the 4m high structure and lands squarely on my back and shoulders, slowed only briefly by my head.

Despite my miserable luck, I am very lucky. Had the frame landed 20cm higher up, it would have landed directly on neck, or perhaps my head.

I have some pretty serious bruises, my back and neck are super stiff, I'm still feeling dizzy and have a slight, but constant head ache. I also saw a doctor and the prognosis is that I have some bruises, my back and neck are stiff, I'm experiencing dizziness and head ache.

Now I have all kinds of pills to keep me occupied over the weekend.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. yikes! oh dear, petunia! good that you don't have any more serious injuries, but that sounds like no fun at all, especially when your body was already exhausted and you were looking forward to a restful weekend. Hope you heal up quickly! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete