Monday, November 22, 2010

Memory Lane

Okay, so this has nothing to do with the circus I'm currently working for, but it is a flashback on my career and is definitely worth sharing.

Any circus artist out there will have similar stories to tell. Theirs may involve weird appendages, sequins or spandex. Or perhaps unitards, head pieces and extremely bad taste. My story involves all of that and more.

I was working on a show in a small town in Quebec, and while the venue was impressive (it was outside and the audience rotated 360 degrees thus making the adjacent river and forest part of the stage), the show itself was not. But the best part, and by best I mean worst, was the costumes.

Some people may say that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, the picture robs me of those words, so I'll let it do the talking...

Behold!


Is that a gaggle of diseased sperm? No, no! We're moon people silly! And here is our Princess!


I...

Oh my...

Did I mention that the show was outside? And that it rained a lot? And did you notice that the costumes are made of white spandex?

Worst. Costumes. Ever.

A fun side note, C and I worked together on this show too!

Ah, the memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment