Monday, November 1, 2010

Stay Classy

It was a fine day. I was enjoying my tea on my ‘stoop’, stealing the internet as best I could, when suddenly, the peaceful calm of the circus was shattered by an overly-charismatic voice on a loud speaker. It was going on about… something… something that sounded remarkably like exotic animals and acrobats…

I looked to my left and what should I see but an entire convoy of brightly painted Circus Pinder trucks loudly advertising their show right next to our Big Top!

I mean, c’mon Pinder. Seriously? You’re seriously advertising your show by parking five or six trucks next to our tent and blaring your happy little circus promo audio clip? Seriously? Next to our tent? While most of us are outside our caravans giving you the stink eye?

Wow.

I mean…

Wow…

I stepped onto the sidewalk to get a better look at this sideshow and a man comes up to me and says, “Looks like you’ve got some competition.”

I turned to him and said, “Well, our shows aren’t anything alike. We’re much more artistic and poetic. And they’re…” then I pointed to the visual assault that was their trucks.


Subtle.
Don't think we don't see you.
This one was taken from my caravan window!

Fifteen minutes later, they moved on.

Stay classy, Pinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment