Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Haunting

This is me.


My insides, anyway.

This is one of the many x-rays I had taken of my neck today. And while all the others (even the weird one where I had to lie down and open my mouth really wide) just look like regular x-rays to me, this one scares me.

Something about this image is unbearably sad to me.

I'm not a doctor, and it's probably just my fear talking, but it seems to me like my neck is damaged. And, again, perhaps it's just my fear talking, but my body language seems to suggest that I know this. Worse than that; that I know that some kind of end is near...

I've always found sadness has its own compelling beauty. Even though this is me, my career, and my life, I still feel that way. And I think that scares me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment