Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Circus Island

The wait for shows to start continues here on Circus Island. If you're thinking I call it Circus Island because I am stranded here alone like a castaway, you would be wrong. Well, you would be right, but only metaphorically. I call this Circus Island because it is quite literally and island covered in circuses. Not my most inspired naming, I know, but it gets the job done.

You may recall the Tent City photo I posted a while back. That photo was taken on this island.

Now here's the fun part. The island is located way the hell out of Paris, but quite close to where the Eiffel Tower is. If you take the tram here, you can see it in the distance for most of the journey. At night, you see it's beacon circle quite clearly.

So I figured that if you can see it from the tram, and you can see its beacon from the circus grounds, then the view from on top of the tent must be simply stellar.

When I climbed up onto the tent, this is what I saw:


Oh, come on! If it weren't for that one building... way to drop the ball, Paris. Way to drop the ball...

There is one spot of the tent that does offer a better view, but it's also a rather precarious place to sit. I did manage to get a picture, though.


However disappointing the view of the Eiffel tower might be, the view of Circus Island from the top of the tent more than makes up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment