Friday, October 12, 2012

Montreal Circus and the Huffington Post

Every so often I come across an article about my circus stomping grounds and alma mater. Most of the time, those articles kind of make me cringe. Clearly, the writers are trying very hard, but somehow I always feel like they got it completely wrong, and always end up feeling vaguely insulted.

This is no such article.

Montreal's Circus Culture Hides In Plain Sight is a fun read. What I like most about it is that the writer is appropriately awed by the experience of entering the little nest of circus that is the area around the Tohu, and has a really great sense of humour about what they've witnessed.

And as a graduate myself, I'd say the comparison to the "mutant prep school from the X-Men" is pretty spot on. After all, we always said it was super hero school.

No comments:

Post a Comment