Saturday, March 7, 2009

Picking up the pieces

Every time I sit down to write, my mind goes blank. The events of the last two weeks have consumed all of my time and energy. My head has been a complete and total mess. I came very near to hitting the bottom.

Oddly enough, one of my friends and I had pretty much predicted the way things would go. The first two weeks would be brutal on the body, the third and fourth weeks on the mind and soul. Did we ever hit our mark.

I don't feel the need to go into to much detail. It was one of those "everything that could go wrong did go wrong" kind of things coupled with having met my limit on pretty much everything.

The good thing to have come from all of this is that I have learned who my real pillars of strength are in this circus family of mine. Also, by some miracle, through the thickest moments, I managed to create most of my number.

This is a big deal for a couple of reasons. For starters, it usually takes me a really long time to choreograph a number. Not to mention that ordinarily, I wouldn't have been able to work on anything in the state I was in. I think that in all the chaos of creation, German wheel has been a rock for me. I know I'm good at it and I love it to no end. In the past, it has always been a source of nervousness. Now its my greatest comfort.

Have I ever even mentioned that I do German wheel? No so much, eh? Well, that's what I do and I dare say, I do it well.

My friend and I never did figure out what the fifth week of creation would bring. I hope it brings some German wheel stage time. I'm getting ready to show where I am in my work and I could use a small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment