Saturday, March 14, 2009

Skylight

I kind of feel like anyone who stumbles upon this blog can't help but be left with the impression that I'm an unhappy person. Or more aptly, a disaster. That's really not the case. Admittedly, I've been going through some rough times lately. To a certain extent, I think its to be expected. This is my first big contract, I'm far from home, and, as a rule, I tend to worry a lot. Not a good mix.

Last week, I hit the wall and went into full out dark and cloudy mode. This week started out well and then I got sick. It doesn't look good when from one week to the next, one of the artists constantly seems like they can't handle, and won't handle, being a part of the troupe.

Understandably, the director has been getting on my case. Not because he's an ass, but because he cares quite a lot. From what I've learned about him, he tends to take his own worries out on those around him. And considering the amount on his plate, I don't blame him. It doesn't change the fact that I feel extremely guilty for not being the picture perfect acrobat as of late.

So I just want to throw this out into the Universe: I am happy. I am happy to be here. I feel blessed to be doing what I love with people that I love. And while there will undoubtedly be more dark and cloudy moments, I am not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment