Saturday, March 28, 2009

Putting the 'Rad' in 'Rhoenrad'

The title of this blog post, as you've undoubtedly noticed, is also the description of this blog. I don't think I've ever really bothered to explain what the heck it means. And seeing as I want to start writing about what its referring to, now seems as good a time as any.

As you know, I am a circus artist. Like all good circus artists, I actually do something in the circus, and that something is German Wheel. Now if you're thinking "German Wheel, eh? Betcha that comes from Germany!", you would be correct. Sadly, not everyone is that clever. Now, if you're really clever, you would probably guess that the Germans do not call it German Wheel. They have their own name for it, and that name is (wait for it) Rhoenrad.

In summation, "Putting the 'Rad' in 'Rhoenrad'" is really nerdy German Wheel humour combining 80s slang and a nod to the apparatus' origins that only someone who does German Wheel would get.

If even.

So for all you nerdy German Wheelers out there, here's some more German Wheel goodness!


Look at all the wheels! Pretty, pretty wheels! Its better than Christmas and my birthday combined! Mmm... Hopefully, I'll be getting another taste of that kind of German Wheel goodness in the not to distant future. But that is a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment