Monday, December 28, 2009

Paris, Je T'Aime

Initially, I had no intention of posting pictures of Paris. I did so for La Rochelle and Montpellier, but I had never been to either city before so it was exciting for me to share these newly discovered cities.

Paris, on the other hand, was old hat. I'd been to Paris at least four times before performing there and nothing really inspired me to post pictures of a city that I guess I took for granted.

Well, after three months, my attitude towards Paris has changed. From what I understand, people either love Paris, or hate it. For me, Paris was a city that I passed through on my way to somewhere I really wanted to be. It was a city of limbo and I felt pretty neutral about it. I had seen the sights and that was that.

The three months I spent living in Paris gave me a greater appreciation for the city and just how much it has to offer. Yes, its kind of dirty and far too loud. But this bustling metropolitan definitely has a certain je ne sais quoi that extends far beyond its rich culture and heritage.

And so, without further ado, Paris!




No comments:

Post a Comment