Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wardrobe Malfunction

While the term 'wardrobe malfunction' may give to visions of breasticles swaying in the breeze, I'm afraid my mishap wasn't nearly as exciting.

The show started out innocently enough. Then, mid-way through my number I noticed that one of the strings from the fabric we use as canvas in the show was stuck to my shoulder (the damn things get everywhere). Only it wasn't a string. It was my bra strap. It had either broke or come undone. I tried to ignore it but as the number progressed it continued its escape from underneath my costume.

Seeing as I didn't really have the freedom to stop and fix it, I decided to just ignore it and keep going. And so, while my bra strap was smacking me upside the head, my cast mates were having a right good laugh in the wings.

Humph.

You'd think that would have been enough for one show. But the wonderful world of live performance had a little more fun in store. In fact, I had just let down my guard. We had just finished the group trampoline number, the official end of the show, and were getting into place for the encore. I went to jump up onto the upper platform of the structure, just like I've done for over 50 shows, and my costume gets caught, the front rips off exposing considerable more of my cleavage than usual, and I get yanked down like a pup on a leash.

My cast mate's reaction to the event: "Aw... I didn't even get to see any tit!"

At least I can say that the eighth to last show really knocked some socks off! Or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment