Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not Even a Shape

I am out of shape. Some people like to be all cute and, when they’re out of shape, say something like “round is a shape”. Well I am not even a shape. Unless of course ‘sore’ has some how found a place in geometry.

I haven’t trained properly since September. As far a full on creation with rehearsals that last the whole day, I haven’t done that since 2009. I am out of shape. It’s funny to hear some of my new cast mates say how they too are out shape. I mean, they’re in their early 20s and haven’t trained in a week… be sure not to mention my recent training history to anyone, okay?

We did this one activity where we had to dance around for what seemed like forever. Don’t get me wrong, it was a lot of fun. But by the end I thought my arms were going to fall off, my legs were going to give out, and that I would literally vomit. In that moment I felt old.

I know that in a week’s time, I’ll probably be feeling much better, but right now, parts of my body that I didn’t even realize could hurt, do hurt. And when I wake up in the morning, it takes a moment before I can actually move. I know I’ll get there, but it’s the getting there that worries me.

No comments:

Post a Comment