Monday, February 18, 2013

Pleasure in the Details

Before coming to Switzerland, my French cast mates kept telling me that it was going to be challenging because the Swiss are so anal and are a bunch of perfectionists. Little did they know that I was beyond excited for just that mentality. After five years of apathy and shit just not getting done, I was really looking forward to some organization and serious "on the ball" action.

I have not been disappointed.

By the beginning of the second week, I already had music composed for my act. The second week! I was just re-reading old entries about the creation of my last show and I had forgotten just how behind we were in the days approaching the show. Nineteen days before the premiere, there were still acts that had no music. Five days before the show, I still had no costume. And here I am at the beginning of the second week and I already have my music? Wow!

Not only do I have music, but it is awesome music. We're talking epic. It's got a somewhat traditional sound to it, but I love it. It makes me feel powerful, sexy, grounded, and light. I just hope I can fill it! The composer, clever man that he is, started composing for everyone based on their videos well before we arrived. That's why we have something to work with so quickly. Every week he comes to rehearsal and we have time with him to make changes and to fine tune it. It's such an effective and efficient way to work. Plus, P is really open to our feedback and finding a way to make the music work with the act. I love it

As for my costume, that too is well under way! And let me just say, in this show I will have the costume that I should have had in my previous show. It is gorgeous. I am going to be gorgeous. Once again, I have the good fortune of being in red. Only this time, the costume lives up to the sexiness that red evokes. No lame-o shorts this time, folks! I will be in a little red velvet halter dress with red and gold lace accents, red and gold lace peeking out from underneath the skirt, and flesh tone fishnet tights!

Holy wow!

My group costume is less exciting, of course. But that's normal. As the directors have said, during your act, you need to stand out and look like a princess or a shining jewel! And the group needs to look like a group so... yeah. But my group costume is also red with a lovely neckline so I feel pretty good about that too.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. There are some people who are not pleased with their costumes, and others who are just as elated as I am. I guess we'll have to see what everything looks like all together before we can really know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment