Saturday, March 13, 2010

Toulouse? More Like TouWIN!

Toulouse is a great town. Not too big, but certainly not a small town. The city is beautiful, colourful and strikes me as very livable. Also, they're really into rugby.

This is something I can appreciate in a city. I played rugby in high school and think its a great, fast paced and very physical game; not unlike my city's sport. And while Montreal and hockey are inseparable, Toulouse goes a step beyond regular sports fanaticism.

Allow me to introduce to you the city's attempt to teach its citizens some manners when it comes to metro etiquette.


And my personal favourite...


Who knew there was no French term for "Fair Play"?

I love how there can be no mistaking that these are rugby players. From the different and specific build of the characters, to the little skull cap. Not to mention that in the second image they're either in a scrum or rucking over whoever is trying to get out of the metro car.

Classic.

And while I can't really imagine pictures like this in Montreal, I've got to admit, a poster of some hockey player checking a little old lady into the metro doors could be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment