Friday, March 5, 2010

La Ville Rose

It's been a week since I arrived in France, and what a week its been! I already have so much to write about, but my schedule has been absolutely packed! I can tell you this though, when I left Montreal I was sad to have had such a short winter, especially since there wasn't much snow while I was there. But being in a city where the grass is already green and dotted with blue and white flowers while the sun shines down on you while little birdies sing, well, that kind of makes it all better.

La Ville Rose, by the by, refers to Toulouse. The city is constructed largely out of reddish/orangey brick, giving the whole city a pinkish hue. We had the day off yesterday and while I did do some exploring, it was rainy and grey, so photos will have to wait for a sunnier day.

All kinds of fun stories are waiting in the wings, including a very exciting career opportunity I've been exploring, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment