Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Foot Monsters

I'm really bad at throwing things away. I can also be very stubborn and tend to be proud of curious things. When you combine those qualities, things like this tend to happen:


Those would be my show shoes. They are partly held together by duct tape. Many chunks were hacked off or out in order to keep them looking and feeling shoe like.

They should have been replaced years ago. But they were still kind of okay. And you couldn't tell from the audience. And I liked them. They were good for acro and nicely broken in. I kept thinking, the tour is almost over. They just need to last until June.

Then the tour got extended. But that was okay. I wasn't about to buy another pair for just a few more shows in the fall.

Then it got extended again.

By the end, they didn't have toes so much as gaping holes. When insulted, the holes became mouths and started to talk back. Eventually, the shoes developed their own personalities.


Sadly they, like so many other accessories, did not survive the post tour clean up.

May they rest in pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment