Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Triumphant Return

A few years ago I wrote about Riri, one of the circus dogs, and how he disappeared, was thought dead, and then triumphantly returned. Well, on the second to last day in Paris, the second to last day of the tour, Voyou, the sweetest of all the circus dogs went missing.

His owners were devastated, but I knew he would come back. I mean, this is Voyou we're talking about. He had to come back! Right?

Well, when I left the circus, there was still no news. And for two weeks after that, still nothing. Finally I wrote to one of my friends from the troupe to ask if he had heard anything. And that is when I heard the best story ever.

It turns out Voyou fell into the Seine river and was rescued by a boat! And not just any boat, but one of those iconic Parisian barges! I swear, the trouble that dog has gotten into...


Best come back ever, Voyou. Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment