Monday, May 25, 2009

Worlds! – Training Day 2

Okay… today was hard. Yesterday felt good but today I feel exhausted and sore. The floor here is a disaster. It’s the big concern among all the competitors. It’s really, really soft and you have to work so hard to get the speed required to do the tricks. My routine is only three minutes long, but I feel almost as tired as I am after I run my number in the show!

The really disappointing news, however, is that my hip injury isn’t even remotely close to being better. There’s no way I’ll be doing my split bridge in the competition and I have to replace it with a super lame ‘y’ position. Boo! And even though the other skills I do don’t really work that part of my body the way a split does, I’m still feeling it, the constant dull ache of an enraged hip. Grr!

I ran my routine two full times and about a million quarter times. The CD player kept skipping and was stuck on this weird mode where it loops after 30 seconds. Speaking of CDs, it was one of my colleagues at the circus who burned my music onto a disk for me. All she wrote was the name of the track and my first name. As a result, my CD reads The Winner Is Kristina.

I’m thinking I should maybe change that…

All in all, it was a pretty good day. I’m completely beat and really sore, but my last run through went really well. I’m still kind of scared to do my dismount (you know, the one I haven’t done in two years) and had a really terrible moment of panic at the end of the day. One of the US athletes mentioned how I was taking off a little early and would maybe hit my head. After that, I was too scared (having hit my head in the past) and had to slowly work back up to doing the move. Not really what I was hoping for the day before I compete.

But now its time for a quick nap and the opening ceremonies! Yay Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment