Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blast!

It happened.

With the fatigue, the stress, the interminable work, it happened...

I injured myself during the show last night.

Its not a big injury, but it is an annoying one. I was doing my coin spin split and my psoas gave up. I don't know what you would call it. Certainly not a tear, I wouldn't have been able to continue. But I either pulled, sprained or over stretched the shnook out of it.

During the show it was bad. I had a hard time walking and was very aware of the dull, burning, throb that wouldn't go away. This morning things felt better so I had hope that the ibuprofen I took the night before did the job, but I just tried to stretch it out and the dull burning throb came back.

Did I mention I'm presenting my routine for Worlds today? In an hour? And that there are two splits in the number? Sigh... if it weren't for Worlds being right around the corner, it wouldn't be a big deal. I can take the split out of the act for show, but I need it in my routine for Worlds.

The presentation is going to be hilarious. And not just because of the leotard.

"Okay, here, this should be a split. And um... imagine that I'm doing this line, but I can't right now because there's no room. And that's another split right here, but whatever, you know what a split looks like..."

Oh life...

No comments:

Post a Comment